Monday, August 6, 2018

The Heartbreak Cure Review




The Heartbreak Cure by Amanda Ashby

How to get over a heartbreak:

Step one: Eat your body weight in brownies.

Step two: Throw yourself into your dreams of becoming a famous writer.

Step three: Beg your (hottie) ex-neighbour to act as your fake boyfriend.

Step four: Skip step three unless you’re ready for some serious fallout.

After being dumped and humiliated over the summer, Cat Turner does what any sane girl would do. She asks bad boy Alex Locke to be her fake boyfriend and show the world (and her editor at the school newspaper) that she's fine. Problem is, the more time she spends with Alex, the more she risks getting her heart broken. For real this time.

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains a swoony bad boy who will melt your heart, brownies, and witty banter. One, two, or all three might prove addictive…

First Thoughts

I was looking for a new book to read, and my mom suggested I looked at the Entangled Teen Crush website. They have so many interesting books on there, and this one caught my eye. It's basically like all the other books I read, and the story is just the same, it's not one I'll remember in a couple of months. So here's my honest review of this book.


Review

So let's start with the writing style, it was actually written pretty well in making you believe/imagine you are the main character, and sometimes it had me just skimming through the page because it was full of useless information. The characters, they kind of annoyed me, with how they sometimes acted or what they sometimes said. 


Now there could've been more swoon-worthy moments, and they could've been executed better, but that's just my opinion. 
SPOILER ALERT: Is anyone gonna talk about the fact that they're "best friends" who don't even really talk, and then they get together. I mean come on that's gonna be so awkward when/if they break up.


 Overall this book is well written, even though the characters do some annoying things it's a good read. But I wouldn't read it again.


Rating

This book is suitable for YA readers ages 12 and up.

Have you read this book? What did you think? Leave a comment down below. Have a book you want me to review? Fill out the contact form!

No comments: