Friday, August 17, 2018

Swoon Friday November Snow

Bad Bloods November Snow by Shannon A. Thompson

Kindle edition 94%
He faced me--his unnatural green eyes searching mine--but he didn't answer. Instead, he kissed me, his sweet lips soft and inviting. And everything around us disappeared as he deepened it, his fingers falling to my hair, his breath matching mine. When we parted, he stayed as close as ever, and shook his forehead against mine. "I can't," he said, making my heart leap into my throat. "You've taken away my ability to hate away from me."
When he sighed, he dropped his forehead onto my shoulder, both of his arms wrapping around me. "The world can't break us. Nothing can."
I ran my fingers through his hair before I ran my hand across his shoulders--including the scarred one-- and down his back. He held me closer, and I squeezed back, too afraid to let go again.
A boy I met on the streets, a boy that saved me a decade after I almost destroyed him, and all I wanted was freedom to live and love too, for the chance to love him in the future, for the chance for the others to find someone they cared about. For all of us. For all the bad bloods.
"Woah!" Adam's voice echoed through the small room, Daniel fell backwards, almost shoving me away, and I did the same to him. Mini Cal had already erupted into laughter, a deep laughter I never thought I'd hear again. "I didn't mean to interrupt." He even managed a wink.
Daniel's cheeks turned red beneath his tan, "Shut up," he said but his voice was light, "Shut up right now."
Adam continued to chuckle, wiggling his eyebrows in my direction. 'You two have fun," he said, slowly backing out of the room.



No comments: