Friday, August 31, 2018

Swoon Friday The Rules of Rebellion

The Rules of Rebellion by Amity Hope

Kindle edition 33% (This is a long one)

Maybe that was okay. Because his expression gave me the answer I was searching for. He was looking at me the way Luke looked at Meg. It was the way Nate looked at Francesca, and the way Adam looked at Julia.
I had zero experience with this whatsoever, but if I had to guess, I'd say he was looking at me like he wanted to kiss me. I was a fortunate coincidence because--to my surprise--I wanted to kiss him, too.
The way the flames danced across his face, illuminating his features in their soft glow, made my insides swirl. His eyes were such a startling shade of blue, his cheekbones so perfectly sculpted. His lips looked soft, and his hair was adorably tousled. I thought I knew how the princess in my book felt when a spell had been cast, causing her to find the prince absolutely irresistible.
Without thinking more about it, I pressed up on my toes, slid my hands into his hair, and tilted his face toward mine.
The kiss started slow, tentative, but then Leo decided to take control of the situation. His hands gripped my waist, pulling me closer. The sizzle I'd felt earlier returned, sliding through my veins and burning away what might have been left of my hesitation.
When the kiss finally came to an end, I rested my forehead against his chest. An unfamiliar, deliciously sweet longing echoed through my body.
My knees were so weak, I appreciated the way his arms were around me, helping me to stay upright. I also wasn't sure if he'd kissed me back because it had been a reflex or something? What if...What if he only kissed me because he knew it was on my list? My zero experience could've caused me to read him all wrong.
He slid his fingers under my chin, forcing me to raise my eyes and look at him. What I saw was the same look I'd seen before. When e lowered his mouth to mine and kissed me again, I knew that everything was alright.
It was more than all right.
It was freaking amazing.
But what was I doing? Leo liked me, a lot, apparently. Did I like him? Or was I simply caught up in the moment? I didn't know. I could only hope my impulsiveness didn't come back to haunt me. But right now? All that mattered was that Leo continued to kiss me.
And I didn't want him to stop.


No comments: