Friday, July 27, 2018

Swoon Friday Serenade

Serenade by Heather McKenzie

"I want to be with you-"
He lunged at me and pulled me tight to him, holding my face in his hands and shaking head-to-toe. My legs went weak and his eyes bore into mine "I was just coming to get you," he said. 
Then he kissed me, fully and completely. I wanted nothing more than to linger against him, but I had to pull away. There was something important I had to tell him--something I had waited too long to say. "Luke, wait." I said breathlessly, "there is something you need to know."
He let go, looking worried, and he let his hands drop to his sides. I hoped he would fully feel the weight of my words--words I could finally say and mean wholeheartedly-- words that I knew from now on were what I would be fighting for, "I love you," I said.



No comments: